Foundations of Islamic Jurisprudence
FOUNDATIONS OF ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE is a 16-CD set that traces the development and compilation of sacred law [fiqh] and explores the validity of following qualified scholarship. Recorded at the Darul Uloom al-Islamiya in Sacramento, California, this series of Urdu lectures reviews the foundations of Islamic knowledge and reaffirms the legacy of our pious elders in an attempt to renew the tradition of scholarship in the present day and age.
A bound copy of the course notes in urdu is also available as a companion to the audio lectures.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Since the time of the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), Muslims have taken knowledge from their elders, each generation learning from the previous one. The beloved messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) once said, “Blessings are to be found in your elders.” This program reviewed the foundations of Islamic knowledge and discussed the methodologies our pious scholars used in arriving at positions of sacred law. Topics covered included: the compilation of Hadith, Hadith methodology, the development and compilation of sacred law [fiqh] and the validity of following qualified scholarship. Each session was accompanied by a visual presentation and notes were handed out at the end of every lecture. This was an incredible opportunity to return to our roots and learn to take our din from our pious elders.
This course was specially designed for Ulama (religious scholars) and individuals who are formally pursuing a study of traditional Islamic sciences under qualified scholars.
Read Lecture Notes Online!
Complete CD Track List for Online Listening
1. Opening Session
2. The Company of the Pious
3. The Importance of Listening Attentively
4. Recognizing Our Heritage
5. The First Source of Knowledge: The Holy Quran
6. Science in the Context of Islam
7. Scientific Revelations in the Quran
8. The Mi'raj & the Theory of Relatively
1. "And the Skies Which Return"
2. The Second Source of Knowledge: Hadith
3. The Third Source of Knowledge: Practice of the Sahaba (ra) and Consensus of the Ummah
4. The Lofty Rank of the Sahaba (ra) in the Quran
5. How Allah Tests through Trials and Tribulation
1. The Perfect Iman of the Sahaba (ra)
2. "And those who are with the Blessed Messenger"
3. Diversity of Opinions Among the Sahaba (ra)
4. Beacons of Guidance
5. Understanding Variances Among the Sahaba (ra)
1. The Fourth Source of Knowledge: Qiyas & Ijtihad
2. The Knowledge of the Names of Things
3. The Beginning of Sacred Law
4. Interpretation of Dreams
5. The Reward of Steadfastness
6. The Advent of Chain Armor
7. The Culmination of Sacred Law
1. Examples (The Basis of Fiqh)
2. The Sphere of Fiqh
3. A Question Posed to Imam Abu Hanifa (ra)
5. The Story of a Convert in New York
6. Q&A Session 3
7. The Compilation of Fiqh
8. Prominent Jurists of the Tabi'een (Followers)
9. Legal Principles of Hanafi Fiqh
1. Fiqh through Consultation
2. Members of the Council of Imam Abu Hanifa (ra)
3. The Six Stages of the Compilation of Fiqh: 1-3
4. The Six Stages of the Compilation of Fiqh: 4-6
5. The Greatest Imam: Abu Hanifa (ra)
6. The Second Generation of Scholars in Kufa
1. The Distinguishing Features of Hanafi Fiqh
2. The Genius of Imam Abu Hanifa (ra)
3. The Story of an Old Man and a Robber
4. The Piety of Imam Abu Hanifa (ra)
5. The Sleep of Imam Abu Hanifa (ra)
6. The Imam of the Scholars of Hadith and Fiqh
1. Those who Memorized Sahih Bukhari
2. Hadith in the Later Period
3. An Interfaith Dialog
4. Legal Maxims and Principles
5. Dispensation is According to Actual Need
6. Choosing the Lesser of Two Evils
7. Doubt Cannot Overcome Certainty
8. Dealing with Haram is Prohibited
1. On the Importance of Iman
2. The Definition of Iman
3. Three Precious Possessions: Wealth, Honor, and Iman
4. "Those who Hold Fast by the Book"
5. Stories of Iman
6. Two Paths: Iman and Witnessing
- Packaging: Vinyl CD Binder
- Speaker: Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db)
No customer comments for the moment.